Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wood You Be Mine?

I can finally share the valentines I made for my  husband and sons!
 
For my Husband, I made a 4x7 card using a new stamp from
Stampin Up!
 
 
I used CTMH Artbooking Cricut cartridge for the heart overlay on the base of the card, cut in red.
Then I took a doily I found in my stash and sprayed it with glimmer mist and inked the edges
Trendy Twine was the perfect finish to my doily.
 
I stamped my lumber jack on kraft cardstock and then double stamped him on pink. Then I fussy cut just the shirt out to place on him. It gives a nice and festive pop of color.
 
He seemed kind of drab to me, so I added glossy accents to his beard and ax. Here's a few more pics of this card
 





 
 
After I finished this card, I made 2 cute and very simple cards for my sons.
 
I decided a 4x4 card would be perfect and found a cute little alligator stamp with a heart on it
Here's what I ended up with
 

 
They seemed to enjoy them! (as much as little boys do, anyways!)
 
The inside was equally as simple. I just stamped it with a be mine stamp from the $1.50 bin at Michaels. Naturally, the back of theirs has a different stamp on it.....
 

 
 
That's all for today!
 
Be sure to stop back by tomorrow- I'll be sharing more cards from my weekend retreat!
 
 
 
<3
 
Kathleen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment