Saturday, December 31, 2016

Well I didnt say WHICH tomorrow....

Shoot. Its December 31st.

I posted on December 1st with a life update and a promise of a post "tomorrow"...

Well, you know. Christmas. That's what I'm going to run with!

I am pleased to say that I *did* craft quite a bit this holiday, unlike last year! So I am going to share what I made over the next few days

(Thank you blogger for allowing me to write and schedule posts on one day!)

First Up!

I saved all of my kids hospital hats. I hate nic-naks and saving stuff- I guess I'm not like uber sentimental. I found Lily's hat in her headband basket. My crafty brain started rolling.

I thought "I can make an ornament out of this!"

and I did!



I used a jumbo bulb from Michaels (I think!) and did the glitter/floor wax technique. You can watch a video here. Ive always used pledge future shine- but it looks like the mop and glo works just fine! I cut the stitching of the top of the hat to fit the ornament topper through, and then I tied a white satin bow. I folded the hat slightly and used my ATG to glue around that rim. Her name was done using my cricut explore and pink (of course!) vinyl!

I'm so happy with how this came out, and its a precious keepsake without being a nic-nak I have to move around ;-)

Hope you enjoy and maybe it will inspire you!

xoxo
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment